T'is the season of the hot cocktail. Apple cider, hot toddy, mulled wine, spiked hot chocolate—we can practically smell those soul warming beverages just by saying their name. Which gave us an idea. Why not fill your home with those rich, spicy scents during your holiday party? Enter: the Maple Bourbon Simmer Pot.
What is a simmer pot?
Sometimes called stovetop potpourri, a simmering pot of water, herbs, spices and fruit that acts as a natural air freshener. Common ingredients include cinnamon sticks, slices of citrus, evergreen sprigs, fresh herbs and berries.
- 2 Oz. Bourbon
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon (ground or 2 sticks)
- 1/2 Tsp Cloves (whole or ground)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Cooking Pot or Crock Pot
- Combine your ingredients in a pot and cover with water. It should be about half full.
- Bring to a light boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Set a timer to avoid water boiling down and burning an empty pot.
- Add water and additional ingredients as the water boils down, if necessary.
- Enjoy the warm scents as they waft about your home.
Check back tomorrow for more seasonal tips and recipes during our 12 Days of Hosting series! Follow Flax Home on Instagram and subscribe to our Newsletter to be the first notified for new launches, sales and exclusive perks.
Leave a comment